Skip Navigation


If you're planning a visit to Johns Hopkins University and would like to visit with a student or faculty member, please contact us. If you'd like to learn more about visiting Johns Hopkins in general, or about the surrounding area, visit the JHU Visitor Information page.

Undergraduate Admissions

For information on applying to and visiting Johns Hopkins University as a prospective undergraduate, please see the Office of Undergraduate Admissions website.

Graduate Admissions

Please see the Graduate Education at Johns Hopkins web site for general information on graduate studies at Johns Hopkins and the Humanities Center. There is specific information on Admissions for the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences and an on-line application. The Johns Hopkins University requires proof of English proficiency from international students. Click here for information about proficiency tests and additional information for international student applications.

For more specific inquiries, please write to the Director of the Humanities Center or the specific faculty member with whom you would want to study. 

General Application Information

To apply, follow this link, and submit the following documents:

Statement of purpose
Three letters of recommendation
Sample of work
Supplementary Application Form
GRE scores and subject (optional)
TOEFL/IELTS scores (if applicable)

If you have questions, please contact Marva Philip, Senior Administrative Coordinator, 410-516-7619, The application deadline for the 2018–2019 academic year is December 1, 2017.

Style DIV, please skip.

Style DIV, please skip.